Sunday 3rd Sep 2006 - Cai is strapped in like an astronaut ready for lift off.
I had just started digging the pond for the day when Jason shouted from the window to come quick Cai isn't breathing, so I dropped spade and ran. It wasn't quite that much of an emergency, but Cai was breathing very deep, sounding very wheezy and lips a little blue. Following proper procedure we tested for air, fever and on finding nothing there we phoned the hospital, then the emergency doctor who recommened calling an ambulance and going straight to hospital. Kerstin went with Cai in the ambulance, while I showered, locked up and followed in the car.
Cai had improved with oxygen in the ambulance and was quite bright by the time he got to hospital, though still wheezy, so he was given ventolin and kept in overnight for observation. Kerstin and I used our unplanned night off wisely by going to the pub for a few beers and then having a lie in on sunday, making the most of the knowledge that Cai was in safe hands.
On sunday we had to wait until Cai was given the all clear before we could take him home, at 6pm the okay was given and now he is tucked up in bed at home, with the oxygen tank by the bed just in case.
We hope it was a one off, our thoughts are that maybe he had a slight chest infection and the chalk dust from the climbing centre triggered the attack.