Sunday 1st April 2007 - no this isn't an april fool Cai was admitted to hospital again, it was only for one night however and he is back home now.
At what price comes fame! - On Friday night we had an interview with a national magazine, they took lots of photos (trying to emulate me I suppose ;-) and kerstin thought it was quite stressfull. All was fine at the time, but later that evening Cai started getting Wheezy and producing a lot of secretions, the night nurse hardly had any time to sit down.
Saturday morning Kerstin went down to take over from spitex and then Cai woke up, I was awakened by kerstin shouting for help, Cai was very wheezy but seems to settle when being held, we tried bathing him, inhaling with ventolin, but he was just so restless and wheezy. We phoned the local hospital to see what we should do and they suggested we bring him to them and they would decide whether he needs hospitialising.
The doctor could hear he was having trouble breathing out so it was decided to inhale again with ventolin (twice) and then send him to zurich, but first we had to watch them fail to put a drip in his wrist and then arm until finally they were successful with his head, all I can say is they wouldn't have been selected for my darts team.
of course by the time I arrived in zurich (kerstin went with him in the ambulance) he was fine, he needed oxygen in the night but was relaxed again. we went home and too tired to make the most of our "free" night we went to bed and slept until late (it may sound harsh but you have to make the most of these times!), saturday had been a very long and stressfull day.
We arrived today to visit Cai and after discussions with the doctors it was decided he could come home again - we will continue with the ventolin until he is better.
What caused it is up for debate, possibly the stress from the magazine interview and all the photos, maybe the bananas he had for the first time friday - all we know is that we are glad he is better.
I thought to myself as they were trying to put the drip in that I would gladly suffer that pain for him, but swapping places with him would be a much harder decision to make!!.
We are hoping to go on our first holiday with him next week, fingers crossed that all remains well.